1 How we access your information and what we do with it
When you (a) purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, (b) register your email, (c) register an account with the Site, and/or (d) follow us on social media, you agree and consent to the use of your personal information by Tortoise the Label Private Limited.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
When you sign up with us on our Site you will automatically be added to our electronic mailing list. You will receive marketing material, latest offerings, news and offers when you are on our electronic mailing list. If you do not wish to receive such offerings, you can unsubscribe by clicking “Unsubscribe”.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the Site and use our features.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the Site, for us to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when our customers browse or shop, these cookies will remember your preferences, allowing us to improve on your shopping experience.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree and consent to Tortoise’s placement of the above-mentioned cookies on your device and Tortoise’s access to them when you visit the Site in the future.
You may disable cookies on your browser at your discretion. However, please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
2 Security and Non Disclosure
Tortoise the Label Private Limited‘s collection of customers’ information is crucial to the operational viability of our business. To protect your personal information, we will not share, sell, trade or disclose your information to anyone except in the following cases:
(2) In the case of a violation of our Terms of Service or any requirement of the law, court order, governmental order or subpoena, we may disclose your personal information to comply with the law.
(3) In the event of a merger or acquisition or sale involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale, we may transfer your personal information as an asset to the acquirer or partner.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
5 Questions and Contact Information
Subject to the exceptions referred to in section 21(2) of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”), you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact us at email@example.com